Thai Massage 400-Hour Therapist Diploma Program
Want to Become a Massage Therapist?
Our complete 400-Hour Thai Massage Therapist Program is specifically designed for those who want to embark on a new career to become a Massage Therapist in Quebec.
The Anatomy & Physiology portion of our program is designed with hands-on practice and in depth knowledge specifically for Thai Therapist and Yoga Practitioners. This integral part of training will leave you with a comprehensive understanding of body mechanics and the physiological systems.
Course: Thai Massage
Duration: 400 Hours
In this unique healing system of Thai Massage, also called Nuad Boran, the practitioner guides the client through a series of yoga postures, while palming and thumbing along the body's energy ("Sen") lines and pressure points. Together, these actions result in a comprehensive full body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body energetically. Thai Massage is performed on a mat on the floor; both client and practitioner are dressed in comfortable clothes allowing ease of movement and flexibility.
- Books and manuals
- One plain white, single flat sheet
- Pen and paper
- Comfortable clothes
Thai Massage Practical courses: Levels 1 to 4: 150 Hours
Thai Massage Level 1
Level 1 course teaches a full body 90-minute Thai Massage flow, in addition to introducing the basic techniques; setting your foundation for a more advanced study.
- Apply the 4 basics on Thai Massage (meditation, stances, rhythmic rock, and touch techniques using the hands, forearms, elbows and feet).
- Understand and work the Sen Kalathari ( Thai energy line network).
- Incorporate the spirit of Metta (loving-kindness) and meditation into your practice.
Thai Massage - Level 2
Level 2 course combines level 1 material to customize a 90-minute massage. This will incorporate Lotus Palm’s 8 elements to consider when customizing your massage according to the clients’ shape, size and flexibility. There will be a complete review of all level 1 material as well.
- Perform an additional 90-minute massage sequence.
- Expand the learning of Thai energy lines.
- Include a new series of the side lying positions.
- Group discussion with case studies.
Thai Massage - Level 3
Level 3 bridges Thai Massage with its historical roots in Ayurveda. Students will be empowered with this profound philosophy to deepen the therapeutic quality of their practice. As students learn the fundamental of Ayurvedic philosophy and the 3 mind-body constitutions (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha), they will be able to apply these concepts in the context of a new 60-minute massage flow. • Perform a new 60-minute Thai Massage technique.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Ayurvedic history, philosophy and healing.
- Determine an individual’s Ayurvedic constitution.
- Understand and address the body’s subtle energies through Ayurveda.
- Create a 2 session Thai Massage wellness program that takes into account the massage approach and exercise recommendation.
Thai Massage - Level 4
Level 4 begins with a complete review of theory and techniques learned in level 3. Level 4 further deepens the study of Ayurvedic philosophy which includes learning of the marma points (the pressure points of healing), Ayurvedic nutrition and lifestyle. • Perform a new 60-minute Thai Massage technique.
- Locate 18 marma points on the body.
- Apply therapeutic relief for common ailments characteristic of each Ayurvedic body type.
- Incorporate essential oils into the massage.
- Create a 4 session Thai Massage wellness program that takes into account massage approach, exercise, nutrition and lifestyle recommendations.
Student Clinics – Guided Reviews – Exams: 40 Hours
Anatomy – Physiology – Pathology 1: 45 Hours
Learn basic anatomy and physiology, injury assessment and massage application in a hands-on way that is directed towards Yoga or Thai Massage. This course helps you to practice safely and addresses common physical discomforts as related to Yoga and Thai Massage.
Anatomy – Physiology – Pathology 2: 45 Hours
Dive deeper into anatomy, physiology, injury assessment, and massage application in a hands-on way that is directed towards Yoga or Thai Massage. This course helps you to practice safely and addresses common physical discomforts as related to Yoga and Thai Massage.
Helping Relationships: 30 Hours
In the course, students will learn how to better understand themselves and their emotions which in turn will help them gain a better understanding of their clients. Through-out this course, students will develop their potential. The continued support and evaluation will help the students grow and become more autonomous by the end of the course. This course requires regular participation and a greater personal involvement from the part of the students.
Interview Techniques: 15 Hours
In the Interview Techniques class, students will learn how to structure and conduct an effective interview. The class will focus on developing clear and positive communication as well as client centric listening skills which are free of judgement or bias.
Sexuality and Professional Practice: 45 Hours
This course is open to everyone but is primarily directed at massage therapists, students and health professionals who wish to learn more about the important role of sexuality as it relates to their practice and accept their professional responsibility. This course is based on open discussions, theoretical presentations, role playing and teamwork and works to increase the level of consciousness for concepts dealing with ethics and sexuality. This course requires regular participation and a greater personal involvement from the part of the students.
Professional Ethics: 30 Hours
This Professional Ethics course prepares massage therapy students for the realities of professional practice. This course will involve the acquisition of knowledge (know) the development of intervention skills (know how) and the development of relational skills (knowing how to be). This course requires regular participation and a greater personal involvement from the part of the students.
At the end of this program, students will be able to give a professional Thai Massage that takes into consideration:
- The philosophy of Thai Massage
- The needs of the client
- Comfort and safety of the therapist and client
- Anatomical knowledge taught during the training
- Thai Yoga Massage - by Kam Thye Chow
- Thai Yoga Therapy for Your Body Type - by Kam Thye Chow & Emily Moody
- The Essential Guide: Achieving Success in Business and Thai Massage
- The Anatomy Colouring Book - by Wynn Kapit, Lawrence M. Elson
- Anatomy & physiology for Yoga and Thai Massage practitioners Level 1
- Anatomy & physiology for Yoga and Thai Massage practitioners Level 2
- Helping Relationships and Interview Techniques • Sexuality and Professional Practice
- Professional Ethics
- Written and Practical Exams
- Case Studies
- Wellness Treatments
- Documented Massages
- Student Clinic
Passing Grade: 70%
Program Price: $5500 + $75 non-refundable registration fee + all required books
Click here to read an important message for Lotus Palm students and members of the RMQ.