At Lotus Palm we offer Thai Yoga Massage classes in different formats to accommodate everyone:
- 5 day Intensive (Wednesday-Sunday, 9am to 4:30pm)
- Weekends only (Saturday and Sunday for 2 weeks, 9am to 5:30pm)
- Week day courses (9am to 4:30pm)
- Please check the calendar for dates and times for each class.
- Private classes are available upon request.
- All dates and course fees are subject to change without notice.
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Specialized Courses
Thai Yoga Massage
- Thai Yoga Massage 1
- Thai Yoga Massage 2
- Thai Yoga Massage 3
- Thai Yoga Massage 4
- Thai Yoga Massage 5
- Thai Yoga Massage 6
- Introduction to Thai Yoga Massage
- 2-day Thai Yoga Massage Foundation
- Open House
Thai Yoga Massage 1
This Level 1 course teaches you a complete 90-minute massage.
- The four foundations of Thai yoga massage (awareness, body mechanics, movement, and massage techniques using hands, knees, feet, and elbows)
- Effortless transitions between postures
- An introduction to contraindications and safety
- Care for the client and therapist before, during, and after the massage
- Massage for shoulders, head, back, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and feet
Thai Yoga Massage 2
You will have a complete review of all techniques taught in Level I.
- 90 additional minutes of massage techniques, including side-lying postures
- Expanded Thai energy lines
- How to customize massages to accommodate common ailments
- How to adapt the massage for people of different sizes and flexibilities
Thai Yoga Massage 3
This course introduces you to the fundamentals of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian healing system. This course bridges Thai Yoga Massage with its historical roots in Ayurveda and students learn practical methods of applying Ayurvedic knowledge to deepen the therapeutic quality of their practice.
This course teaches you a new 60 minute Thai Yoga Massage and how to customize according to a person's body-type (vata, pitta, or kapha).
- To determine an individual's Ayurvedic constitution
- How to bring energy movement with vayus into Thai Yoga Massage
- How to create a customized 2-session Thai Yoga Massage wellness program according to a person's body-type
- The fundamental concepts of Ayurveda history, philosophy and healing
- To incorporate use of knees as a massage technique
Thai Yoga Massage 4
You will have a complete review of theory and techniques learned in level 3.
- How to perform a 90 minute Thai Yoga Massage according to a person's body-type
- How to identify and massage 18 marma points (vital energy points) & their healing properties
- Prevention and therapeutic relief for common ailments for each dosha
- Adding essential oils to your massage
- How to create a 4-session Thai Yoga Massage wellness program that takes into account nutritional, lifestyle and yoga recommendations according to a person's body-type
Thai Yoga Massage 5
This course teaches you all 10 energy lines (the sip sen) and how to incorporate them into a powerful Thai Yoga Massage. The energy lines are the traditional theory of the massage. You will learn the detailed running of the lines, their properties and how to use them in the massage.
- Understand and apply treatments with sen lines
- Incorporate 30 new postures to your practice
- Expand the side-lying massage
- Customize massages for harder to treat clients, including:
- Clients who require more pressure
- Clients who are more flexible
- Clients who can only receive massage in side-lying position
- How to massage using your feet
Thai Yoga Massage 6
This course binds together all you have learned in levels 1 through 5 in order to create effective Thai yoga therapy. You will use ayurvedic principles, marma points, sen lines and your own intuition to explore case studies, develop work plans and harness the great potential of this incredible restorative practice.
- Create a flow with intuition
- 30 new techniques
- How to carry out Thai Yoga Massage pathology sessions for:
- Back pain
- Chronic shoulder pain and neck stiffness
- Stress relief
- Tired arms and hands
Introduction to Thai Yoga Massage
In this 3 hour workshop, students are introduced to the practice of Thai Yoga Massage. Through demonstration and hands-on practice one learns a fundamental 30-minute form and gains first-hand experience in both giving and receiving a Thai Yoga Massage.
This is an invaluable introduction for those wishing to learn more or begin studying with Lotus Palm.
2-day Thai Yoga Massage Foundation
Thai Massage is for everyone!
When you give a great massage, you feel more alive, aware, and joyous. The well-being of your family, friends, and community can be permanently uplifted by your choice to share compassionate touch.
Thai Yoga Massage is performed on a mat on the floor through comfortable loose clothing. It is an accessible form of massage, combining meditation, stretches, acupressure/compressions, reflexology and energy. You don’t have to be an expert to produce outstanding results. The Lotus Palm system makes learning easy, and this workshop shows you how to tap into your own innate abilities to give a sensational massage. Learn how to deliver a complete 60-minute massage, focusing on:
- Safe and effective massage techniques that anyone can master
- Practice principles of body alignment
- Integrate Metta (loving kindness) and meditation into your massage
- Massage for shoulders, head, back, hands, legs, abdomen, and feet
Perfect for people without any bodywork experience, this training is also invaluable as continuing education for massage practitioners. The gift of compassionate touch is empowering and available to everyone ready to discover it.
Are you interested in taking some classes? Do you want to know more about having a career in massage therapy?
- Know more about having a career in Thai Yoga Massage
- Understand why you should choose Lotus Palm as your place of study
- Receive more information about courses, training and promotions
- Table Thai Yoga Massage 1
- Table Thai Yoga Massage 2
- Chair Thai Massage
- Prenatal and Elderly Thai Yoga Massage
- Couples Thai Yoga Massage
- Thai Style Foot Reflexology 1
- Thai Style Foot Reflexology 2
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga and Thai Practitioners
- Thai Style Head Massage
- Introduction to Essential Oils
- Assisted Yoga with Adjustments
- Ashiatsu - Gliding Feet Therapy 1
- Ashiatsu - Gliding Feet Therapy 2
- Ashiatsu Mat - Gliding Feet Therapy Thai Style
- Balancing the Energetic Body with Oils
- Lomilomi 1 (Temple Style)
- Lomilomi 2 (Temple Style)
Table Thai Yoga Massage level 1
Table Thai Yoga Massage brings the incredible benefits of Thai Yoga Massage to the comforts of a massage table. This type of massage will allows you to reach out to a mainstream audience and clients with restrictions to receiving a massage on a mat; including athletes, elderly and people who prefer massage on a table.
Massage therapists used to traditional table massage will learn techniques for reducing injuries to hands and wrists by learning to use elbows, forearms, feet and other parts of their body. Those used to Thai Yoga Massage on a mat will save their knees and learn a style of massage developed for greater comfort.
- Give a 90 minute massage
- Apply Thai Foot Reflexology and techniques to avoid using thumbs
- Practice principles of body alignment specifically adapted for massaging on and around the massage table
- Integrate Metta (loving kindness) and meditation into your massage
Table Thai Yoga Massage level 2
In this course you will incorporate dynamic postures to further help you customize your massage flow. Perfect your Table Thai Yoga Massage skills by learning how to read the body through movement.
- Have a complete review of all techniques taught in Level I
- Incorporate new postures that expand your repertoire to a 2.5 hour massage
- Learn Sen lines (Thai Massage energy pathways)
- Understand how to customize massages to accommodate people of different sizes, flexibilities and abilities
Chair Thai Massage
Chair Thai Massage is a unique twist to chair massage. You will learn to incorporate stretches, compressions, and reflexology and adapt Thai postures targeting key tension areas: head, neck, shoulders, back, arms and legs in a 60-minute flow to enrich your massage practice.
Prenatal and Elderly Thai Yoga Massage
Thai Yoga Massage is especially well suited for women seeking relief from the natural stresses of adapting physically, mentally and emotionally to pregnancy. Designed with the goal of relieving stress and promoting wellness and balance, this program addresses many common needs affecting pregnant women, including relief from the discomforts of pregnancy with a focus on trimester changes.
As we all age movement becomes ever so important. Thai Yoga Massage helps to keep our bodies healthy and balanced not just free from physical pain but also helping our mental and emotional well-being. This 4-day program will prepare you to confidently provide a caring, safe, relaxing and nurturing session for both pregnant women and for the elderly.
- Complete a 60-minute Prenatal and Elderly Thai Yoga Massage Flow
- Complete an additional adapted 30-minute flow specifically designed for the Elderly
- Understand the unique needs of childbearing women and the elderly
- Cover contraindications for massage and for specific postures
- Address common ailments and discomforts
- Using props and tools to adapt and customize your massage
- Incorporate compassion, mindfulness and meditation into your massage
Price: $160 per couple
Couples Thai Yoga Massage
In this 4-hour workshop you will learn new ways to give nurturing intentional touch to your partner through Thai Yoga Massage.
- Perform a 30 minute full-body
- Utilize intentional touch and awareness to create a mutually beneficial experience
- Integrate Metta (loving kindness) and meditation into the massage
Thai Style Foot Reflexology Level 1
Reflexology is based on the belief that all parts of the body are reflected in the feet and hands and by applying gentle pressure to these areas can affect the corresponding part of the body and help to restore balance.
Who doesn’t like a good foot rub? In this workshop you will learn how Thai Style Reflexology and Foot Massage can help releases those feel-good endorphins helping with stress-relief. It also boosts circulation and aid the lymphatic system, which gets rid of waste products produced around the body.
- History and theory of Thai Reflexology and Foot Massage
- Learn a complete a 60-minute Thai Style Reflexology Flow
- Using a Thai reflexology stick into your practice
- Learn about pressure points on the foot
- Foot structure and function
- Foot conditions
Thai Style Foot Reflexology Level 2
There are millions of nerve endings in our feet and hands. The idea behind reflexology is that through pressure points, the connections in the nervous system can be used to re-energize, stimulate, disperse, unblock and restore the natural flow of prana/chi (the invisible energy) in your body. This will leave the client feeling totally relaxed.
In this workshop you will further your skills in Thai style foot massage and hand massage incorporating oils and creams into your work.
- Learn how to use oils and creams
- Learn another 60 minute Thai foot massage flow
- Deepen your Thai foot massage techniques
- Learn how to massage the hands
Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga
and Thai Practitioners
Learn basic anatomy, injury assessment and massage application in a hands-on way that is directed towards Yoga or Thai Yoga Massage. This course helps you to practice safely and addresses common physical discomforts as related to Yoga and Thai Yoga Massage.
- Body Mechanics and movement
- Common pathologies
- The skeleton, articulations and muscles of the body as related to Yoga and Thai Yoga Massage
- Which muscle and muscle groups you are working on related to Yoga and Thai Yoga Massage postures
Thai Style Head Massage
A lot of people have problems and store a lot of tension in the neck area. Knowing how to massage the head, neck and upper body is beneficial. Thai Head Massage is a popular treatment working on the face, scalp, neck, shoulders and upper back. A variety of massage techniques will be taught in this workshop including Champissage which combines head massage with a more subtle form of energy balancing. Using firm, gentle rythm to relieve tension and pain, while Aurvedic chakra balancing focuses on the three higher chakras. This will bring the energy of the whole body back into balance creating a deep sense of peace and calm. It can ease a number of discomforts in the face, neck and shoulder areas. This can be a stand alone massage, or you can add elements this into your own Thai Massage. This can be a very beautiful end to any massage.
Thai Head Massage is an uplifting treatment that concentrates on relieving upper body tension. We begin with an invigorating scalp massage and acupressure points that boosts circulation followed by gentle and slower techniques incorporating oils to break down any remaining tension and release toxins leaving the recipient feeling balanced and totally relaxed.
- History of head massage
- How to give a 45 min. - 60 min. face, head and shoulder massage using various techniques
- Basic anatomy of the bones and muscles of the face, head and shoulders
- How to incorporate oils into the scalp massage
- Compassionate and loving touch
Introduction to Essential Oils
This course introduces the use of essential oils to use daily but also in the context of massage therapy. Students will work with 12 essential oils specially selected for this course and will discover their multiple applications. Students will be able to familiarize themselves with their scents and therapeutic properties.
- Discover aromaterapy’s potential applications and how they can be used benefit both ourselves and those around us.
- Learn the therapeutic applications of each of the 12 blends, how to use them safely, and where (on the body) the oils can be administered.
- Discover Ayurveda’s basic principles and understand how these principles apply to the use of essential oils.
- Practice and learn a sequence for a hand (or extremities) massage that incorporates an essential oil that is suitable for the receiver.
Assisted Yoga with Adjustments
The Assisted Yoga with Adjustments course has been specifically designed for yoga teachers, pilates instructors, private coaches, or anyone interested in these practices.
In this workshop, you will learn to adjust yoga postures safely using Thai Yoga Massage touch techniques. With a good understanding of reading body and mechanics, you willl be able to detect misalignments and how to properly correct them. Ancient Thai Yoga Massage techniques, such as counterbalancing and levering the recipient's body with your own, the gradual touch and proper positioning, will allow the practitioner to practice adjustments with confidence, precision and depth. This workshop will also help you bring your private classes to a more therapeutic level.
- Learn to read body alignment (introduction to anatomical concepts)
- Learn when and how to make adjustments (positioning, reading of the body, various touch techniques)
- 28 postures in detail (including sun salutations, standing, sitting, and lying postures and savasana)
- Variations: how to customize your class with a better understanding of body alignment, limitations and injuries of your students
- Body Mechanics, body reading, gradual approach and different touch techniques
Ashiatsu - Gliding Feet Therapy Level 1
Learn how to address troublesome tension areas on the body using only your feet! With the aid of stabilizing bars use your body weight to treat clients and avoid repetitive strain injuries to your wrists and arms. Learn to give a deep compression massage effortlessly by controlling your body weight to customize for every shape and size leaving the client feeling completely relaxed and stress free.
- History of Ashiatsu
- Complete a 60 minute Gliding Feet sequence using oils
- Using one foot techniques to control pressure
- How to maneuver around the table effortlessly
- Contraindications and benefits
Ashiatsu - Gliding Feet Therapy Level 2
In this workshop you will further your skills in Ashiatsu Gliding Feet Therapy by incorporating Side Lying postures and adding new 2 feet postures to your flow. Learn how to control your weight and customize your massage for an even deeper compression for your client using both feet with the aid of stabilizing bars overhead. By the end of this course you will have acquired 2 hours of Lotus Palm’s Ashiatsu Gliding Feet Therapy sequence.
- Reviewing the Ashiatsu Level 1 sequence
- How to use double feet in the sequence
- Learn additional side lying postures into your massage sequence
- How to maneuver around the table effortlessly
- Learn another 60 minute Ashiatsu flow
Ashiatsu Mat – Gliding Feet Therapy Thai Style
In this workshop you will be learning to glide along the body with your feet using oils on a mat on the floor while stabilizing with the aid of a stool. This is a fantastic additional skill for any Thai Yoga Massage practitioner who normally works on the Mat on the floor. You will explore working with sen lines (energy line) and marma points (acupressure points) as well as incorporating gentle stretches in the flow.
- History of Ashiatsu
- Working with Senlines and Marma points
- Complete a 60 minutes Gliding Feet sequence using oils
- How to maneuver around the mat effortlessly with the aid of a stool
- Contraindications and benefits
Balancing the Energetic Body with Oils
In this introduction to Balancing the Energetic Body, you will learn how to balance the 7 major chakra's using 7 corresponding chakra oil/balms with hands on techniques. Chakra Balancing will give you an understanding of our "energetic" bodies and why it is important to keep the seven main chakras of the body well balanced. This course also teaches you how to recognize where and why a disease has manifested in the physical, emotional, and/or spiritual body.
This workshop is done with the recipient comfortably clothed on a massage table.
- Introduction of the 7 major Chakras in the body
- Complete a 60 minute Chakra balancing sequence
- Introduction to 7 Chakra balms/oils
- Assess which Chakras to work
- How to incorporate the corresponding Chakra oils
- How to balance your own Chakras
Lomi Lomi Level 1 (Temple Style)
The Hawaiians believe that Lomi Lomi helps release the blockages in the body giving energy new direction and looking at all things in terms of energy flow. Lomi Lomi is not just a physical experience; it also facilitates healing on the emotional, mental and spiritual levels as well. Much of this work is done by loving compassion using loving hands and an open heart.
Learn this ancient form of Hawaiian massage that covers broad areas of the body using long continual strokes incorporating prayer, breath, dance and energy into this Lomi Lomi massage.
- History of LomiLomi
- Understand the Hawaiian philosophy called Huna
- Complete a 60 minutes Lomi Lomi sequence
- Learn how to dance or hula around the table to make the massage sequence seem less
- Contraindications and benefits
Lomi Lomi Level 2 (Temple Style)
Working intuitively, a Lomi Lomi session may be slow and very relaxing or it may be a faster deeper more invigorating massage. In this workshop you will incorporate moving the arms and legs into your flow. The massage can be done by one person, by two or more people working together. Having two or more people massaging helps the recipient surrender the mind to a deeper level of relaxation as the mind cannot focus on four hands or more doing different things at the same time. This leaves the recipient feeling blissfully relaxed.
- Reviewing the Lomi Lomi Level 1 sequence
- Learn additional techniques into your massage sequence
- Tucking sheet techniques
- How to work with 2 or 3 other practitioners
Keeping the energy flowing freely in our body helps us stay balanced. It is believed that any blockages in the body can result in physical, mental or emotion distress. This is a intuitional, holistic treatment, designed to balance all the body's systems.
Developed by Sukha for Lotus Palm, in this workshop learn how to perform a Thai sen line massage by palming and thumbing along specific sen lines (energy lines) and marma points (acupressure points) to relieve blockages, revitalize, energize and disperse energy in the body helping prana (energy life force) to flow freely. Hence helping the body return to more of a balance state free of blockages.
This workshop is ideal for those already experienced in Thai Yoga Massage and wants to add another level to their Thai training.
- Theory behind Senashi
- Reviewing all (10) sip sen lines learnt in Thai Yoga Massage Level 5
- Complete a 60 minute Senashi sen line massage
- How to assess and determine which sen lines to work
- Learning specific marma point sequences along specific sen lines
- How to customizing your Senashi session for your client